View the latest job postings for positions at Coastal Food Equipment in Port Coquitlam.
Full-Time Commercial Food Equipment Technician
Coastal is looking for a bright and energetic individual to add to our team. Coastal Food Equipment services commercial meat equipment, deli equipment, bakery equipment, convenience store equipment, and much more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Test and repair saws, slicers, grinders, tenderizers, vacuum packagers, and many other pieces of commercial food equipment.
- Ability to diagnose and trouble shoots electrical systems and diagrams. Effectively handle service requests and work orders.
- Assess and complete repairs quickly and efficiently.
- Daily communication with office and staff via phone, email, and fax.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision and be a team player.
- Must have own tools and meters necessary to preform job tasks.
- Availability to work after-hours and weekends is required.
Education Requirement and Required Skills:
- High school diploma
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language
- Must adhere to all applicable safety standards and client-specific practices.
- Must have a solid mechanical aptitude and a good understanding of electrical schematics and single- and three-phase power, as well as technical manuals and various maintenance and repair documents.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s licence is required at all times.
- Local travel is required on a daily basis with occasional out-of-town and overnights to various towns and communities.
Coastal believes in setting employees up for success. The successful candidate will be paid on a competitive wage based on industry experience and knowledge and be eligible to participate in a comprehensive employee group benefit and education package.
Please email resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in the position.